DATE AND TIME
Wed, Nov 28, 2018 & Thu, Nov 29, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Napa Valley College
2277 Napa Vallejo Highway
BLDG 3000, RM 3004
Napa, CA 94558
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE TAUGHT IN SPANISH!
In partnership with Superior Food Safety, Napa Valley College is hosting this timely and important 2-Day workshop on Developing and Implementing SQF Systems Edition 8.0.
This training will be held on Wednesday, November 28th (8AM-5PM) and Thursday, November 29th (8AM-5PM).
The integrity of the SQF Program relies on competently auditing existing SQF Systems and implementing efficient and effective SQF Systems. Superior Food Safety is a Licensed Center of Excellence that provides added value by giving students:
- a perfect understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
- the steps to follow in order to implement and maintain a solid program that reduces or eliminates risks
- examples of the most common industry mistakes and how to avoid them for success, and
- custom made templates of key procedures detailing how to write the documentation required by the program
The goals of the Implementing SQF course are to:
- Promote an understanding of the SQF Code
- Create a knowledge base to facilitate the successful implementation of an SQF System
- Show how the HACCP-based approach manages food safety and quality hazards in an operation.
- Personnel in Harvesting, Packing, Transport, Distribution & Sale of Food Products
- Quality Assurance Managers & Supervisors of Food Establishments
- Food Establishment Personnel in Sr. Management, Production, Purchasing, Procurement, and Human Resources
Oscar Camacho's experience spans the globe and the entire range of the industry. He has over 32 years of experience in the food industry, including ownership of two food processing plants and extensive work with two of the largest food manufacturers in the world. His accounts of food safety successes and failures put accountability into sharp focus. Oscar is a registered FSPCA-Human Foods Lead Instructor and Consultant, PSA-Produce Safety Alliance Lead Instructor, GFCP-Gluten Free Certification Program Consultant and Trainer, SQF Consultant and Trainer, and a former SQF Auditor. He holds a BS in Biology and an MS in Food Science and Engineering from the Universidad Politecnica de Valencia in Spain. He also holds a Certification in International Management and regularly continues studies in food safety and business administration.